Baby's First Tutu


Our friends Chad and Amy are having a new little girl very soon.

I made her very first tutu and matching headband! I used a graphic from Graphics Fairy to make the little card that says "Baby's First Tutu".  The entire tutu and headband cost me $4.00.  I found the white tulle in 6" rolls in the bridal section at Hobby Lobby and it was 50% off.  I used about 33 yds of the 100 yd roll.  I used some elastic I had and made the 15" waistband.  I bought a bunch of flowers at Michael's for 40% off.  I used 4 flowers out of the bunch of 10, so they cost me about $2.00.  I used 2 barrette clips at about .25 each for the flowers.  I cut a pair of too small tights up for the headband.  I can't believe they sell the nylon headbands for babies when all it is is a piece of white pantyhose cut up!  So save your white or black pantyhose with runs in them to use as infant headbands.  Just adorn with a clip on flower!

Tutus are a lot of fun to make and they are SUPER easy.  You can get directions at Plum Tickled.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts