Labels

Friday, June 24, 2011

Eat Local, Get Healthy


My IRL friend Donna, over at Simply Liv-N, has inspired me to watch Forks Over Knives and Food, Inc.  Wow, I have been neglectful of paying attention to where my food is coming from!  Be sure to check out her blog, she cans and cooks and is all about being a Godly wife, mom and friend.

After watching the movies, I have been doing some research and found this family who is doing the local food thing for a whole year!  Check out Angie's and Eric's blog to follow their adventures in going local and getting healthy!

This winter we bought a quarter side of beef from our favorite Sherwood Acres Beef.  The beef is awesome and. almost. gone. <sniff> I'm saving to buy more, because it is completely awesome meat.  I'm looking into some local buying clubs for free range chickens and other local goodies.

Tonight I'm going to Whole Foods to stock up and tomorrow I'm heading over to St. Matthews Farmer's Market to buy some local produce!

Remember, you are what you eat, so eat healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlfriend! I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I would love to get together with you again sometime...I had such a great time! My friend Elisha and I were considering coming back to Louisville sometime to go back to the places we went on the jaunt. (minus the food place and store next to it...too hard to get to) Anyway, I thought if we could get back out there, maybe we could get back together. Or if you want to come out here, we could go to some of our Goodwills etc. We'll have to get back together sometime!
    Hugs
    Missy

    ReplyDelete