KYARNG 149the Brigade Deployment Ceremony


My brave son is a medic in the Kentucky Army National Guard.  He is being deployed to Iraq.  There was a Deployment Ceremony held yesterday at Freedom Hall for all 1640 soldiers in their brigade.


The governor of KY and the mayor of the city of Louisville spoke, as well as the commanding general in KY, Gen. Tonini.  A group of veterans came out to show their support.


I took about 3-4 pictures of the soldiers filing in, from the back of the arena while I was waiting for hubby and daughter to join me. 


When I cropped this photo, there was my son is the 3rd one heading into this row!  WOW!` That was pretty cool!


His grandpa flew in and some of his friends from high school came to see him off.  We got to spend about an hour with him.  They are going to a camp for a couple of months, then towards the end of July they will actually leave the country.  We will get to see him one more time when he has his 4 day pass.





The yellow ribbon goes up this week and will be up until his return!  We love you, Hunter!  Stay strong and stay safe. 

Comments

  1. Terri, I saw this on the news and it tugs at my heart! :)
    What a sacrifice all of these families make! :)
    Positive thoughts and prayers for your son and his fellow guardsmen!
    I'm glad you get to see him before he leaves!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri! :) I had such a wonderful time meeting you yesterday..you're a joy of a person! I didn't know your son was leaving for Iraq...girl, you have a lot going on don't you. My prayers are with him and I am in awe of the bravery of this countries men and women! I will def keep you and your family in my prayers.
    I'm your newest follower, just so you know! :0)
    I truly hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs to you friend
    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terri, It was so nice to meet you on Saturday, what fun! Thank you and your family so much for the gift of your son serving our country, a sacrifice hard for most of us to grasp. My prayers are with him and your family. Hope you find that perfect chair and look forward to meeting again, E in TN (and so. IN)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts