Bathroom Cabinet from Scratch!

Hello!  I have been gone for quite a while!  I was on a project for work that sucked all most of my personal time.

I have a few projects to post, starting with the one we just finished today!

I loved this little Whitney Cabinet Cabinet from Ballard Design. We needed a cabinet for our half bath.

Hubby built this fantastic cabinet and used trim to create interesting features.  I didn't take ANY pictures of his process because I was busy refinishing our kitchen table (post to come).
I was the finisher and since the weather hasn't been cooperating, it took me a long time to finish!
First, I applied stain and poly to the top only.


It's still wet here, so you can see the high gloss.  It turned out with a nice, satin finish.  I had to do this in the kitchen because it was WAY to cold out in the garage.

A view from the top.



We had a couple of days of warmer weather, so I hurried out to the "paint booth" in our garage and sprayed it.  I used Benjamin Moore Aura White Dove in eggshell.  If you have a chance to paint with a spray painter/air compressor, you will save so much paint and time!


I rubbed a brown glaze (Sherwin Williams) and wiped off the excess, so that it was mostly in the grooves of the trim.


Here it is!  Now to find the perfect items to display on top!

Thanks for stopping by Creative Eyedias!

Comments

  1. I love your cabinet Terri! It's so pretty.
    gail
    ps it was great seeing you yesterday and hanging out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts